Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'M OUT OF HOSPITAL

I got out yesterday morning after proofing that I could eat breakfast without reprecussions. I am on higher doses of steroids than I like to take. These higher doses cause me to be short tempered and give me an ugly personality (roid rage). So I plan to hide out staying home and avoiding people until I get to a lower dose where I can better control the roid rage.
Cindy is jumping the gun when she talks about surgery. Sure I will probably have more but I will put it off as long as possible. After all a person only has so much gut to give! Also I would like to give some of the newer drugs more time to see if they would help me.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Now if you would pray for those that have to put up with me for the next few weeks I would appreciate it! While your at it send prayers and good wishes to Wes (a friend we meet at Life on Wheels) who is having most of his colon removed due to cancer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your recovery Ken. Did you ask your doctor about Entocort, the new steroid with no side effects? It has done wonders for Wes. Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers. He says he is just giving his gut all at once instead in little bits like you :-) Hopefully you will both survive until some kind of cure is developed for this awful disease! Keep in touch and let us hear how you are doing.

JanC